EnglishITA | ENG | DEU | TZI |
History, Culture, Traditions, Land Alt Gatüünach, Bissakhot, Gaboonte, Èerda

Singles Villages

Pian Canaie

The Pian Canaie village was founded in 1894 by Gandin Costanino Giovanni son of Luigi and Christina Lords of Rouen, on the plateau of Asiago (VI). He was born in Canaie Vecio on 15.5.1838 and in 1894 moved to the plain below, along the road Campon-Vivaio, with his wife Gandin Maria Luigia , married to Tambre on 29.2.1840. Their children Amedeo, Luigi and Emma Innocent Azzalini's wife, who lived in Canaie Vecio joined to them Gandin Costantino Giovanni built for his son Amedeo a "big house" on the spot where now stands the village and an inn on the roadside where there is now a fountain. For his son Luigi built a brick house while for his daughter Emma, another "big house" in wood. In 1898 reached the Village coming from near the Col Formiga Pitch, Azzalini Innocente Arcadio with his wife and his son Lodovico. The site is significant because from here starts the path to the Palantine and Monte Cavallo, destination in those years of foreign mountaineers such as English Tuckett (around 1869), the Viennese Whitwell (1879), and Italians as Torquato Taramelli,Giovanni Marinelli (July 1876) and members of the SAF (Friulian Alpine Club). The village was permanently inhabited until early 2000 by a family.

Campon

Campon village was founded in 1869 by Azzalini Clemente (b. Val Bona 1840). For the first few years the "big house" was used only as a laboratory because his family did not want to leave the village of Val Bona. But since 1887, after the construction of new road-Osigo Spert, transiting Campon precisely, his wife and children Antonio, Costante, Cesare Giovanni, and finally Cristiano, moved in Campon. Crossed by a small Railway coming from the Pian di Landro in Baldassarre, built by Austrian troops during the First World War to transport timber at the front line of which clear traces remains, had also a sawmill belongin to Bergagli -Candiani. Burned and destroyed by German troops during the World War was rebuilt in masonry for precise directives of civil engineering and forestry management. In the Mid Century had two taverns "Da Costante" and "Alla Gigetta" and a grocery store. It was a meeting place for Cimbrians direct to the Church of Our Lady of Runal which usedt to stop here to eat a typical dish of tripe on that day. In 2005 the village consists of 18 inhabitants.

Le Rotte

The village Le Rotte was founded in 1890 by brothers Azzalini Pompeo (born in Valbona 24.1.1854), Eliseo (b. 1858) and Girolamo (b. 1851), sons of Basilio and grandchildren of the chieftain Girolamo. Natives from Val Bona, they first moved to the village of Pian Osteria together with they cousins Eugenio and Cristiano and then to Pich. Among the best known Cimbrians of this village we remember Massimiliano known as "Macio", Umile and Trino known as "Caruso". The village, originally placed to the north west, was rebuilt in early 1900 in the present location, alongside the important communication route, which rose by up from Fregona to Cadolten and, through Campo di Mezzo, Fontana Boi, Val dell'Ors and Le Rotte, fell in Pian Cansiglio, then in Pitch, Pian Osteria, Campon and through Palughetto Pass to Farra d'Alpago. In the plain below, there was a small spring called " il poset" where they drew crystal clear water, as wrote in her book "Memories and thoughts of Linda" the Cimbrian Linda Giacomina Azzalini who here spent her childhood. Burned several times during the two World Wars it was always rebuilt and inhabited until the first half of 1900. The village, located inside the Governement Proprety, is at 2005 inhabited only seasonally.

Pian dei Lov

Pian dei Lovi, the first Cimbrians village in Cansiglio, was founded in early 1800 by brothers Giobatta Azzalini (born 12.10.1772), Girolamo known as Pertile (n.1.10.1770), Pietro (b. 4.11.1778) and Slaviero Giacomo borned in Roana on the plateau of Asiago . The following year came from Roan also Tommaso Azzalini. Later joined them many chieftains from the groups Bonatto, Gandin and other Azzalini and Slaviero. Some families also lived there temporarily for Loser and Martello , who move at the quarry Prandarola in Baldassare and then migrated elsewhere. The location was chosen for its abundance of fine beech and work for the presence of a rare source of water. Hence passed through an ancient channel of communication between Friuli and Belluno, as the Piloni said , rising from Aviano and Polcenigo pass through the "Forador di sopra " down "in mount Brozo (Broz) coming towards Cividale (Belluno) . The community grew rapidly in number and spread throughout the Alpago the reputation of skill in the work of the wood and produce the riddles bands from cheese, the Brent (cylindrical containers for food) and the Tamisi . Around 1805 Azzalini Girolam let Pian dei Lovi to found the village of Val Bona, followed by his brothers Giobatta and Pietro. The village was abandoned since 1887 and the families moved into new villages of Pian Osteria, Campon, Pitch, Vallorch, Le Rotte e Pian Canaie.

Pian Osteria

The village of Pian Osteria was founded in 1887 by brothers Eugenio Azzalini (born 1852), Cristiano (b. 1857) called "Pertile" borned in Val Bona, with their cousin Azzalini Pompeo (b. 1854). The first houses were built using some of the planks of "Casoni" Val Bona. Placed at the junction of three valleys, grew in importance until about a hundred inhabitants, an inn, two taverns, a grocery store. In the nearby location of Leon, there was the school where taught at the beginning of 1900 the famous teacher Azzalini Stella (gold medal for valor civil). Was crossed by the railway from Val Bona, Cornesega and directed to Campon and Pian Cansiglio in area "I Bech, whose location is still evident between Col Frare and Costa Alta Burnt by the Germans in World War II, was rebuilt in masonry in accordance with the directives of civil engineering and forestry management. In 1950 there was built the school remained active until the '70s. Was also thriving in the seasonal mushrooms, strawberries and raspberries. The village is seat of the Ethnographic Museum and the Cultural Association of the Cimbrians of Cansiglio. In Year 2005, are in permanent residence 10 inhabitants.

Pich

The village of PITCH was founded in 1820 by brothers Matteo Bonatto known as Pitch (born in Roana 13.2.1785) and Giovanni (b. Roana 25.10.1801). In 1854 and then from 1887 in this village arrived many other families from the villages of Pian dei Lovi, Canaie Vecio and Val Bona. Were Pergentino Gandin, Azzalini Giuliano, Gandin Angelo and charcoal Brandalise Abramo and Tiepo Angelo. In 1887 the brothers Costanzo Azzalini and Innocente Arcadio left Pian dei Lovi to move in the near Col Formiga, where they opened a tavern also active until about 1980. The village, situated in elevated position above the plain of Cansiglio, facing south east and sheltered from the winds had a climate mild enough to allow growth of several vegetables and fruit trees. The first two houses of brothers Matteo and Giovanni were built with a gabled roof, served as one of "scandole" (fir slats overlap) and the other of "stele" (shavings or waste smoothing Sieve) stopped from poles lying above the transverse. Since 1940 in response to pressure by the administration Woodland, was abandoned and rebuilt further south. The Cimbiran Gandin Bruno "Brunetti" lived there permanently until the '90s.

Val Bona

The village of Val Bona was founded in early 1800 by Azzalini Girolamo (born in the Roana 1.10.1770) moved here from the village of Pian dei Lovi. Then his brothers Pietro and Giobatta joined hihm. The first born in this village seems to be Azzalini Carlo (b. 1809) son of Pietro. The place had a mild enough to permit the cultivation of various vegetables. Hence passed through an ancient mule track from the Friuli. The bellunese historian Piloni writes: "They said again that the FORADOR be another way by which one can be of Auiano et Polcenigo, et descendere to Ciuidale (Belluno) in Val Meller a (Val Menera). The first "Casoni" had walls made up of large planks square with the Hakha "(large ax). Edward- Giobatta son- known to history as the sage and the poet of the Cimbrian, was esteemed and enterprising person, opening in Valmenera in 1862 a famous inn, where the days of celebration were all the Cimbri an to consume the typical dishes of tripe, "friko" and sauerkraut. His daughter Stella, highly respected by all, taught for 40 years in Cansiglio (a "Lion") and in Alpago. In 1850, by Roan came in Val Bona Bonatto Giovanni , a professional "masteler", dedicated to the manufacture of tubs, which then bartered and sold in the neighboring villages of Alpago : Spert and Tambre. From 1887 most of the Cimbrian moved in the villages of Campon, Pian Osteria and Pitch. Mario Bonatti, Giovanni's grandson was active there for the production of tubs, until about 1940.

Vallorch

The village of Vallorch was founded in 1850 about by brothers Azzalini Vigilio (born on 7.10.1819) and Celeste (born 1813), son of the chieftain Pietro, co-founded the first Cimbrian village of Pian dei Lovi in early 1800.The ocation was chosen for good quality and quantity of beech trees suited to the typical work of the "scatoi" that needed to be perfectly parallel trunks to grain.In the construction of the first "Casoni" were partly used planks recovered from the village of Val Bona, where was their birthplace. Some homes had and still retain the distinctive style cimbro-Allemann with sloping roof and projecting at the front, which would form a covered porch. Grew rapidly in number of homes (about 15) and up to about sixty people, and there were two taverns. Was repeatedly burned in the World Wars, but always rebuilt, was permanently inhabited until the first half of 1900 when the Cimbrans moved to Osigo and Fregona. Located within the Governement Proprety is inhabited almost exclusively in summer. In Year 2005, only one resident has a permanent resident.

Search

News
Sabato 04 Agosto 2012

18° festa dei Cimbri del Cansiglio

leggi>>
Sabato 21 Aprile 2012

Devolvi il 5 per mille all'Associazione Culturale Cimbri del Cansiglio

leggi>>
Sabato 21 Aprile 2012

Scarica il nuovo numero del giornalino – Tzimbar Bint / Vento Cimbro



leggi>>